Table of Contents
Even though air source heat pumps are more pricey than traditional heating systems, they will save you money in the long run (which is more important). The thing is heat pumps produce three times more heat energy than the electricity they consume.
What is more, the government is oriented towards preserving nature and reducing the amount of harmful emissions. They are likely to ban the use of furnaces and boilers which produce too much carbon dioxide. This is why the heat pumps stand out now.
Read this article to find out how to install the main equipment of the future, save your money, help the planet, and receive up to $7,800 with an air source heat pump rebate in Ontario.
What Is an Air Source Heat Pump Rebate, and How Does It Work
Air source heat pump rebates in Ontario are financial incentives offered by the government, utility companies, or other organizations to encourage individuals or businesses to purchase and install energy-efficient systems. The main goals are to promote the use of environmentally friendly equipment that consumes less energy, reduces the harmful effect on nature, and saves money.
Even though rebate programs may have different eligibility criteria, the working principle is quite similar.
- Application. Check the terms, options, and eligibility criteria of the program on the official website. If they suit you, leave a request for a pre-retrofit energy audit.
- Pre-assessment. Schedule a visit from a certified energy advisor to provide an energy audit. Receive a detailed report with possible home improvements.
- Upgrade. Complete at least one of the suggested improvements.
- Post-assessment. Schedule the second visit from a certified energy advisor for a post-retrofit energy audit.
- Rebates. Receive your incentives.
The key factor here is to ensure that the company is certified to provide services within a certain program in your province or area. Note that all products and their parts should be eligible too.
How Much Money Can You Save Through an Air Source Heat Pump Rebate
The sum of air source heat pump rebates varies from program to program. Governments or organizations can set different eligibility criteria and the amount of incentives.
In 2023, you can apply for heat pump rebates within two programs — the Canada Greener Homes Grant or the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program.
The first one offers you up to $5,000 for installation of an air source heat pump. The newly installed unit should follow all the requirements published on the official website of the Initiative.
The Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) is made in collaboration with Enbridge Gas and the Canada Greener Homes Grant. It offers incentives to more Ontarians who can save up to $7,800 for installation or replacement of a heat pump. You can get more details about the program on the official website or in our article via the link.
Note that air source heat pumps reduce your energy bills for heating by up to 50%, which results in saving more than $8,000 during its lifetime.
Eligibility Requirements for an Air Source Heat Pump Rebate
Eligibility criteria are usually set by each program individually, so it’s important to check them precisely before applying. At the same time, the Canada Greener Homes Grant and the HER+ program have similar requirements.
- Installation. Ensure that your contractor is licensed to provide services in your province or area.
- Heat Distribution. A newly installed heat pump should distribute heat through the entire building, basement included.
- Attestation. It is important to ask the contractor to sign the attestation form that confirms that the unit follows the heat distribution requirements.
- Eligibility. Check if your product and all its component parts are on the list of eligible products. Use your AHRI number given by the contractor to check it.
- Purchase Location. Air source heat pumps should be bought in Canada. If you decide to buy your unit online, ensure that your distributor is located in Canada.
Follow these criteria to get up to $7,800 in rebates. You can get into more details about the requirements for the Canada Greener Homes Grant and the HER+ program on their official websites.
How to Apply for an Air Source Heat Pump Rebate?
The application process for air source heat pump rebate in Ontario within HER+ program consists of six simple steps.
- Complete a 1-2 minute questionnaire on the official website. Receive detailed information about eligible rebates in your area and licensed contractors.
- Arrange a visit from a Registered Energy Advisor for the pre-retrofit energy audit.
- Obtain a comprehensive report outlining potential improvements.
- Implement at least one of the recommended upgrades.
- Schedule a follow-up visit from a Registered Advisor for the post-retrofit energy audit.
- Receive up to $7,800 in heat pump rebates with $600 for energy assessments.
The HVAC Service Solutions is a licensed company to provide services within HER+ program. If you look for a reliable contractor to help you during the application process, contact us at any time of the day via the link.
If you want to apply for the Canada Greener Homes Grant, check the step-by-step instructions here.
To sum up
Heat pumps as well as air source heat pumps will be a must in the near future. They are more energy-efficient, leave a smaller amount of carbon dioxide emissions and help save money in a long run perspective.
If you want to save up to $7,800 on air source heat pump rebates, we recommend you apply for the HER+ program. Our team can help you receive the incentives smoothly. Contact us via our website or simply give us a call at +1(647) 372-2707. We look forward to meeting you!
FAQ about Air Source Heat Pump Rebate in Ontario
In the near future, heat pumps will be as common as furnaces or boilers now. They consume less energy, lowering your energy bills for heating by up to 50%. Moreover, your carbon footprint will be reduced by 44%. Check the available rebate programs to get incentives for newly installed or replaced heat pumps.
In 2023, you can save up to $5,000 with the Canada Greener Homes Initiative and up to $7,800 with the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program.
The HVAC Service Solutions is a licensed company to provide services within the HER+ program. Contact us via the link below to get a certified advisor throughout your application journey.