Table of Contents
A penny saved is a penny earned, but how about saving up to $10,600 on government furnace rebates? Nowadays, homeowners in Toronto, Hamilton, and the rest of Ontario can upgrade their old furnace or air conditioner to a central or ductless heat pump system with high efficiency.
You can get this change within the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program, created in collaboration with Enbridge Gas and Natural Resources Canada. Let’s find out more in the article below.
What Are the Benefits of Government Furnace Rebates in Ontario?
Rebates on furnaces in Ontario can benefit you in several ways:
- Сost Savings. You will receive up to $10,600 to replace the old inefficient furnace with a new HVAC unit. Moreover, equipment with higher AFUE rates consumes less energy, which results in lower bills.
- Enhanced Comfort. New furnaces usually incorporate advanced features such as variable-speed blowers, zoned heating capabilities, and programmable thermostats. They allow more precise temperature control and improved comfort throughout the building.
- Environmental Impact. Energy-efficient furnaces decrease overall energy consumption, reducing carbon footprint and harmful impact on nature.
How Much Money Can I Save with the Government Furnace Rebate Program
This sum may vary, depending on the available government furnace rebates program. The Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program covers up to $10,600. More precise eligible retrofits are described in the table below.
What Is Included
up to $600
It is used to cover an in-home visit from a Registered Energy Advisor to provide an assessment.
up to $1,300
Rebate to enhance the air-tightness of your home to achieve the air-change rate target.
Air & Water Heating
up to $7,800
The sum is used to replace an old unit with a new hot water heat pump that consumes 70% less energy.
up to $5,000
Rebate to install a photovoltaic solar panel.
up to $10,000
It is useful if you want to give more insulation to different parts of your house.
Doors and Windows
up to $325 for each
Rebate to install EnergyStar-qualified items.
up to $125
Replace an old thermostat with a new one that guarantees comfort enhancement and low energy bills.
up to $1,625
Rebate to protect your place from potential weather hazards such as floods or fires.
How to Apply for Government Rebates for New Furnaces
You can apply for rebates on furnaces in Ontario through 6 simple steps.
- Fill out a 1-2 minute questionnaire via the link here to specify what rebates you are eligible for as well as the list of service companies in your area.
- Receive an in-home visit from a Registered Energy Advisor for the first home energy assessment.
- Get a report with recommended upgrades.
- Complete at least one of these retrofits.
- Schedule the following post-retrofit energy audit.
- Receive your rebates with $600 included to cover the assessment.
If you want to get a more detailed consultation about rebates for new furnaces in Ontario, call us at +1(647) 372-2707 or schedule a consultation with our HVAC expert via the link below.
Who Is Eligible for the Furnace Rebate in Ontario
Ontario rebates for new furnaces can save you up to $10,600. Compared to previous HER or CGHG programs, more people can qualify for HER+ programs. Let’s find out who is eligible for it.
Homes serviced by Enbridge Gas
Houses that are not the owner’s primary residence and those that don’t have an active Enbridge Gas account
The primary residences where the homeowner is not an Enbridge Gas customer
Multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) that exceed 3 storeys or have a size greater than 600 m2
Rental properties if the landlord or tenant is serviced by Enbridge Gas
Off-grid communities that have established a permanent or long-term (lasting 5 years or more) settlement consisting of a minimum of 10 dwellings
Homes that were built less than 6 months ago
Some owners of multi-unit residential buildings
Mixed-use buildings that are predominantly non-residential (less than 50% residential)
Upgrade your old furnace, save up to $10,600, and enjoy the endless comfort you deserve!
FAQ About Rebates on Furnaces in Ontario
You can upgrade your old furnace or air conditioner to a new high-efficiency central or ductless heat pump system. It is a win-win strategy to consume less energy, save money and reduce the amount of emissions.
It is possible to save up to $10,600 with the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program.
You can apply for government rebates by completing a few simple steps:
- Complete the questionnaire.
- Receive a visit from Registered Energy Advisor.
- Finish one of the recommended upgrades.
- Receive a post-retrofit assessment, and, finally, enjoy your rebate.
New furnace rebates in Ontario are eligible for:
- homes that are serviced by Enbridge Gas;
- certain owners of multi-unit residential buildings;
- the primary residences where the homeowner is not an Enbridge Gas customer;
- rental properties where the landlord or tenant is an Enbridge Gas customer;
- off-grid communities with permanent or long-term (for 5 years or more) settlements that consist of a minimum of 10 dwellings.