Since 2006, Navien, Inc. has become one of the fastest growing companies in the home comfort sector in North America and is now a leader in condensing technology, providing condensing tankless water heaters, combi-boilers, and boilers. Navien’s products possess state-of-the-art technology, high efficiency and reliable quality.
Navien has achieved international recognition for its sophisticated engineering and robust designs. Backed by parent company, KD Navien with more than thirty-five years of experience with advanced boiler and water heating technology, Navien will continue its mission to provide high quality products.
The Navien NFC (Navien Firetube Combi) boiler is one heck of a performer for a combi-boiler. I have made a list of details I would recommend changing, I’ll list them below. This is the only combi that I have experience with that will handle any typical three-bathroom home. The DHW production is very impressive.
This model combi has a modular piping arrangement that is removable for service if needed, which is a huge improvement over the previous model NCB boiler (they’re going that route with the new NPE and NCB in 2020).
Navien designed and manufacturers all stainless steel heat exchangers in-house, this isn’t common of most boiler manufacturers. Having complete control over all aspects of the boiler is what tends to set companies apart from others. In this case, it’s too early to tell if they’ve got an advantage here since the new boiler and Combi have only been on the market for less than two years.
The control for the NFC [and NFB] boiler is the first we have seen from Navien with a plain English line-by-line display. A huge step forward when compared to previous code display models.
- Fuel TypeLiquid Propane/Natural Gas
- Dimensions17.3″ W x 33.5″ H x 17.3″ D (43.9cm W x 85.1cm H x 43.9cm D)
- Boiler weight145 lbs (65.8 kg)
- Boiler Weight With Water183 lbs (83.007 kg)
- Installation TypeIndoor wall-hung
- Heating Capacity161 MBH (47.2 kWh)
- DHW18,000 – 199,900 BTU/H (5.274 – 58.571 kWh)
- Net AHRI Rating, Water140 MBH (41 kWh)
- Water Connection Size (Supply, Return)1″ NPT
- Water Volume (gallons)4.5
- Safety DevicesFlame rod, APS, Ignition operation detector, Water temperature high limit switch, Exhaust temperature high limit sensor, Water pressure sensor